Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: anyone running 9-10 psi on stock internals?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member LOwrestling2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2002
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Who here is running a JRSC at 9-10 psi on stock block? just wondering. i'm currently running an endyn stepper (but my boost reads 10 psi max) with my hondata making 230 whp. just wondering how safe it is. oh also heehee while i'm at it here's the dyno.
    dyno1

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 217gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice! I am. . .I am using Jim's 9psi stepper pulley on a stock GSR block. Works and FITS muuuuuch better than the Endyn one, in my opinion.

    What's your full setup?

    I hope to hit atleast 230 whp at my next dyno session. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm using a CRV crank pulley and see 12psi on the boost gauge. All stock block and head.

    I figure I've got 240-250whp.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Max Psi GSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 1999
    Posts
    860
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was using the Endyn stepper pulley to get 10psi on my boost gauge. At 6psi i dyno'd 210.3whp and 156wtq. At 10psi i ended up with 246whp, and 184wtq. All stock block, no electronics or gizmo's, and still using an FMU.

    It all worked great for me.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member hypa's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2001
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm at about 9.5 psi according to the guage and running hondata 2b w/dsm 450cc injectors. I'm running the base program right now, and haven't had a chance to tune it yet. The problem is that it's running hot right now. I've actually lost power the last few days because of the 90-98 degree weather outside. Hopefully when I tune it next week, I won't have any problems. It sure runs well in the AM though, before the day gets too hot.

    If tuning doesn't fix my problems, I'm going back to 6psi and a small shot of nitrous.

    The jrsc just likes to run hot.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member SuperTeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    328
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am running 10psi on Endyn stepper pulley w/ Hondata 3b. The Hondata is untuned, but the car runs very well. Some might think I'm aiming high, but Im hoping to get it tuned and have about 250-260whp. At 6psi it did well w/ just a VAFC and the Hondata feels so much better so I dont' feel it is unrealistic. Anyway internals are stock and odometer reads 100k as of this week.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member LOwrestling2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2002
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i'm currently running:
    ITR cams, portflow valvetrain, AEM short ram (hopefully i'll find a 3 inch intake to replace it any suggestions?). i have a JDM DC 4-1 header (hopefully to be replacd with a kamikaze soon). also running a 60 mm RSR old skoo quiet exhaust with a 2.5 cat. with hondata 2b and RC 440 injectors. i'm running the endyn stepper it reads 10 psi so i guess thats how much i'm boosting. i'm thinking i might be able to squeeze out maybe 10 more hp out of the kamikaze and bigger exhaust and intake piping hopefully might help. but for now this power is plenty to make my new kumho 712s break traction from a roll in 1st still. yea hondata makes the transition into boost so much smoother. my endyn stepper went on fine...with some loctite and impact gun.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member LOwrestling2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2002
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    superteg wat other mods u have on ur car? 226 whp is VERY Good for a 6 psi JRSC on a gsr. wat kinda set ups are all u guys running?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member SuperTeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    328
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I was at 6psi:
    Comptech Intake (no ice box)
    DC 4-2-1 2peice headers
    Greddy Evo
    2.5" testpipe
    Vafc
    JR map mod
    timing set at 10-11 degrees
    MSD external coil
    NGK plugs(non-vtec plugs)
    no p/s belt on
    Still had A/c on
    ClutchMasters flywheel w/ stage 4 clutch

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Rboosted717's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2000
    Posts
    690
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    9psi here on a stock R block.
    Mods:
    Jackson Racing Supercharger (w/ custom pulley)
    Comptech icebox
    Kamakaze Header (4-1 w/2.5" collector)
    Custom Test pipe (2.5"-3"")
    Thermal R&D exhaust (3")
    Dynospot Racing tuned ECU
    APEXi S-AFC
    J&S safeguard
    Dynospot Racing Titanium retainers
    RC 440cc Injectors
    Toda Racing camgears

    Power 261whp and 182trq
    fdcad42b

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 28, 2002 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Rboosted717 ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •